Newbie Please Help

Feb 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Hi,

First of all, thanks a lot for your time and consideration to create such good opensource mail client.

I want to implement your plugin in WebForm. I am new to C#. thats not a problem...

But I dont know where to start....The Documentation section only describes a simple example.

how to get a list of email subjects? - what is the related method?

i opened the sample source... i couldnt trace it..

also, i checked a simple example with your sample provided...I am unable to read HTML Mails. I tried to give 

Literal1.Text = pm.Contents(0).BodyText - Not displaying HTML format though!...( sometimes object referrence not set error comes in this line)

also, how to check whether a message is multi-part?.Big emails are not reading

attachments also not listing..i wrote

l = Pop3Message.GetAllContents(pm)
                For i As Integer = 0 To l.Count - 1
                    If [String].IsNullOrEmpty(l(i).ContentDisposition.FileName) = True Then
                        l(i).ContentDisposition.FileName = l(i).ContentType.Name
                    End If
                Next
                Me.ddl.DataSource = l

can u please help.....Is it not possible to get your source in 2008 Edition ?

I hope to get a reply from u.. thanks for any help

Coordinator
Feb 19, 2011 at 10:35 AM

You cannot display html graphically by using literal control.
You can know multi-part or not by checking IsMultiPart property of Pop3Message class or Pop3Content class.

It seems that you must know about control,bind,datasource,List<T>,html,pop3.
I recommend that start at most simple sample code,such as write console application at first programing.
Sorry I have no time to teach such a detail about c#,html,pop3 protocol.

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Hello sir,

Thanks for replying. There is no need to teach C#, html to me.  I asked about the specific methods only sir.

Thanks anyway....