Read Receipts?

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:38 PM

It seems that Read Receipts are being generated when I download my email using POP3 - is there a way to disable this? I'm using this in a project that gets BCC'd on each email, and if the email matches certain criteria I copy it into a logging database, and having senders get read receipts is undesirable.

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Execuse me I can't make a sense about "Read Receipts are being generated".
Is it that you want to delete indicate key(such as bcc..) from Headers property of Pop3Message object?

Jan 17, 2010 at 5:30 AM
No, I mean that when the library downloads the message a Read Receipt is being generated and I'm seeing them show up in my Outlook as the program runs through the messages. My program is not sending these read receipts, I'm assuming it's the library as other libraries I've used in the past which just downloaded the message did not have this functionality. For now I'm blocking read receipt request headers from inbound emails, but internal users still see them.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I check my library that might generate Read Receipt header,but does not.
My library simply download byte data and parse the data as Pop3Message object.
So,no functionality to auto generate additional header(such as Read Receipt...) that does not exist in download byte data.

Perhaps,the received message have "Read Receipt" header.
You can check download text data by GetMessageText method of Pop3Client object.
If ReadReceipt header is in the text,sender or proxy server might add the header.